Sometimes God puts you out of your box.
























Sometimes God puts you out of your box. Todd and I were sent on a new adventure a few months ago. And as Todd puts it...God puts you out of your box sometimes but, He gives you the tools to handle it. One Sunday morning as we were walking into church we had not gotten in the doors 50 foot when we were asked to help. OK, I am thinking help...help with what. So that is when our adventure started. We were directed to a classroom with small children in it. I think we were both thinking fun for today. We can do this for one Sunday. So we find ourselves in the classroom of 2 year olds. Yes, I said 2 year olds. We are shown what to do and were told that this class has not had a teacher for a few years now. As you know our daughter is 16 and it has been a few years since we had the pleasure of 2 year olds. So we do our best. We change diapers and feed them snacks and oh don't let me forget stop them from biting, hitting and kicking each other. While we are doing all of this we look around and find the Sunday school material that is to be taught to this class and see that no one has even looked at it. So our very very long hour is now over and we are very tired. We go to the worship service and the more I think the more God works on my heart. Todd and I talk about it and pray about it and decide to help out with this class until a teacher can be located. After that first Sunday you would think that teaching 2 year olds would be the last thing on our minds. But, God had plans for us. So I call the church and ask if I can come and get the Sunday school material and maybe plan a lesson or two. So I thought. I will tell you now that God can work through 2 year olds. It takes me about 3 or more hours a week to get the lesson just right but, it is worth every minute I spend. To see them tell mom or dad that they learned about Noah and his big boat or for one of them to look at you and say that they are thankful for you and for one to run into the room and grab Todd by the legs and hug him like she had missed him so much...now that will pull on your heart strings. We are so much in love with 13 little 2 year olds. God has opened a new door for the two of us that we would never have thought we could do. Todd and I are still looking at each other and wondering what are we doing and that we are only here until God sends a teacher. But, until then we are having a grand time with all 13 of them. Yes we have 13 but, most of the time we have around 10 every Sunday. "For I know the plan's I have for you, Declares the Lord..."
I have asked a few of the parents if it would be ok for me to put some of the children's pictures on here and they have said yes. So until I get more oks I will post the ones that have given me permission.
But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Luke 18:16-17


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

A Blessed Family ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspiração: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustração: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)